Tuesday, April 12, 2016

THUMBS UP, GOV AJIMOBI : Ajimobi okays death sentence for kidnappers ... PunchNews


Olufemi Atoyebi, Ibadan
The Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi, has signed into law the kidnapping prohibition bill, which makes kidnapping a capital offence in the state.
The new law states that kidnapping has become a serious offence in the state which attracts maximum punishment of death sentence in the event of the death of a kidnap victim while in the custody of the abductors.
The bill had earlier been passed into law by the state House of Assembly following the submission of a report on it by the Chairman, House Committee on Judiciary and Justice Olukayode Akande.
The Speaker of the state’s House of Assembly, Michael Adeyemo, and the Permanent Secretary/Clerk of the House, Mr. Paul Bankole, had earlier signed the bill before the governor’s assent.
The law states that a convicted offender will be liable to life imprisonment if the victim is released or rescued unhurt upon the payment of a ransom, while the kidnapper will be made to pay back the ransom.
The bill, which was signed into law on Friday by the governor, “stipulates similar punishment for any person who procures, engages or gives information culminating in the kidnapping of a victim.”
The new law also prescribes life imprisonment for any person who kidnaps or threatens to kill, maim or cause bodily harm in order to compel another person, corporate body or organisation to do or abstain from doing any act as a condition for the release of the victim.
Under the new law, 20 years imprisonment awaits anyone who makes an attempt to kidnap, while anybody, who aids or abets kidnapping, is liable to 15 years imprisonment upon conviction.

1 comment:

  1. NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE:

    I am by name Edward, and i want to use this great chance to inform you about what can favour you as a young boy,businessman,etc. I have been looking for a sugar mummy since when i was in my University and so unlucky for me i have not been able to get any, bur i have met with some so called agent claiming that they have sugar mummy for me, and due to the fact that i am very desperate in getting this sugar mummy to enhance my finance after school, i believe in him and i sent up to #20000 to him having the mind that he will provide what i want for me, and at the end the reverse was the case, he flew away with my hard earn money.

    THE GOOD NEWS HERE IS WHEN I MET MR AMEND USMAN AND JUST ONLY ONE CALL I GAVE TO HIM, AFTER I HAVE EXPLAINED HOW I WAS BEEN DUPED, BY OTHER AGENTS, HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS DIFFERENT AND I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE HIM, BUT WHEN I TRIED HIM, WAO I GOT EXACTLY THE VERY KIND OF SUGAR MUMMY I WANT, RIGHT NOW I AM ENJOYING WITH HER JUST THE WAY I WANT IT. IF YOU ARE THERE LOOKING FOR A SUGAR MUMMY PLEAS DON'T WAST YOUR TIME LOOKING FOR FAKE AGENT KINDLY CALL MR AMEND ON +2348169207857 FOR SUGAR MUMMY, SUGAR DADDY, LESBIANS, GAY CONNECTIONS ETC.

    I HAVE PROMISE HIM THAT THIS GREAT TESTIMONIES WILL NOT END WITH ME I, ALSO WANT MY FELLOW YOUNG BOYS AND GIRLS TO BENEFIT FROM IT, THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING

    ReplyDelete