Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH BISHOPS THESE DAYS? : Bishop Seeks Dissolution Of 7th Marriage




Bishop Olabode Dawodu of the Soul Salvation Church of Nigeria, Ikorodu, Lagos, on Wednesday urged a customary court to dissolve his 11-year-old marriage to the seventh wife.
Fifty-three-year-old Olabode, who lives on Ibeshe Road, Ikorodu, told an Ikorodu Customary Court that e was fed up with his marriage to 44-year-old Idiat who, he alleged, was troublesome.
He submitted that Idiat’s troublesomeness was preventing him from moving closer to God.
``I want this court to separate us because I don’t enjoy the marriage anymore.
``She is my seventh wife but she is the only one that gives me problems.
``She disgraces me publicly and had even torn my clothe into pieces sometime ago.
``She usually comes to church to disgrace me; there is no love in the marriage anymore, `` he said.
Idiat, a trader, consented to the dissolution of the marriage.
``I have not offended him in anyway; I tore his clothe truly because he didn’t want to pay my child’s school fees.
``He has stopped given us feeding allowance.
``He doesn’t come to my house except he wants to sleep with me; please separate us,`` she said.
The Court President, Mrs Ronke Adetola, adjourned the case till July 18 for possible reconciliation.
She urged the couple to be peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment