Friday, February 20, 2015

HELL HATH NO FURY : If your best friend marries your ex, what’ll you do? ... INTERESTING VIEWS. A MUST READ ... PunchNews

Preye, Ishola and Rosheedat
Nothing pains people more than seeing someone gaining from their misfortunes. If the beneficiaries of one’s misfortune are one’s friends, the situation could lead to hatred as a result of emotional crisis. As one would expect that one’s best friend would do nothing to harm one’s feelings,Saturday PUNCH asked some people what they would do if their best friends married their ex-lovers
End of friendship
Fundiowei Ogori
That is definitely the end of our friendship. Are there no other ladies in the world that my best friend could go after? There are certain situations we can avoid as human beings so that our reputation would not be soiled. In this matter, I would believe my friend and my ex had been seeing each other before our breakup. I would even say maybe the two of them even planned it all along without me being aware of it. Things like that happen and that is why it is commonly said that the people who are the closest to someone could also be the person’s greatest enemies. There’s nothing that can’t happen under the heaven.
It’s not the end of the world
Hameed Rosheedat
I’d sleep over it and wake up the following day without troubling myself. I don’t see anything really bad in it. It could only sound strange, which is how it would be to me, especially if my friend did not tell me about it. However, I would find it hard to believe she is truly my friend if she kept such a thing from me. No matter how their love journey started, I think someone who I call my best friend should never hide such a thing from me, knowing that I would eventually know one day.
She must have been cheating on me
Adeleke Taiwo
For them to go to the extent of getting married to each other, I believe she must have been cheating on me all along while we were in the relationship. Inasmuch as I want to believe that the action is not totally weird, yet I think it is not normal. If my best friend does such a thing to me, I will believe that he was the one who orchestrated the separation between my ex and I in the first place. It may even lead to the end of our friendship. No matter the temptation, he should avoid it. If he knew that I once loved the lady in question, why would he do that? I don’t think it is normal that my best friend should marry my ex-lover.
Maybe they planned it all along
Edem Blessing
It would not be fair for my friend to do that because I would think she was interested in my breakup in the first place, or how could they just hook up like that and say they are getting married? Something is really fishy. I don’t see such a scenario as being accidental. It’s not;I would think it’s been planned all along. You know these days, men give different reasons why they could not continue in relationship with their fiancees. In this case, the reason could be either that my best friend seduced my ex or he lured her to the relationship. Either way, it is bad.
I’d feel it, but do nothing
Folawiyo Oladokun
There are certain things that don’t take me by surprise. In fact, I have trained my mind to the extent that I allow nothing to move me by an inch. It’s a covenant I made with myself. If there’s nothing between the lady and I again and my friend seems to like her, that’s good. We might not have been made for each other. If it is my friend that will make her happy all her life, why would I feel bad? I’ll feel and do nothing. In fact, if I were not married then and my friend approached me to be the best man on their wedding day, I’d gladly accept. She might be the one that wouldn’t feel comfortable.
It’s an act of betrayal
Inoru Preye
If I were married, I wouldn’t mind, but if I were not, I would be surprised. Though there is nothing new under the heaven, however, what is not good is not. I am sure my friend would not even tell me about her newly found lover because this is purely an act of betrayal. Meanwhile, there is nothing I would do about it other than to be surprised. In the long run, I hope I would forget about it and move on with my life, or else one can die in depression, which is not worth it.
If they love each other, they should go ahead
Josiah Ayanwale
I don’t see anything wrong in it inasmuch as they love each other. The happiness of people should be the primary objective of every human being. If my friend did not in any way contribute to the break up in the first place, I’d support them and I will make sure I have no hard feelings towards them. If they want my blessings, I’ll even bless them and I will contribute in any way that I can towards making their wedding successful. They should move on with their lives while I too move on with mine.
Let them continue…
Queeneth Ofuru
They’ve got my support and they should move on. There are things that should not be seen as bad or strange. If my relationship with my ex did not work out and we broke up, a lady would still eventually marry him and if it is my friend, what should be my problem? I don’t think I should have any. The only problem I can have is if my friend knew my ex and I were trying to reconcile before they got married. Otherwise, if there were no attempts by either of us to be together again and there were no feelings anymore, nothing should make me feel bad. They should continue.
I’d think my friend caused our breakup
Samson Ishola
Such a situation calls for maturity to handle because naturally, I would think my friend had a hand in our breakup in the first place. How on earth will a friend of mine not be interested in seeking for a reunion between my ex and I and instead would go ahead to marry her? There’s a proverb that if there’s no crack in the wall, there’s no way the lizard could enter. It’s the same scenario in this case. My friend would have a lot of questions to answer and until he proves me wrong, it could lead to the end of our friendship.
I’ll be angry for a while
Blessing Tiebiri
Sincerely speaking, I’ll be angry at such action because I would wonder whether my friend had been having feelings for my ex when we were in the relationship. If such happens, I will even try to confront her with this question. It will be hard to comprehend. Meanwhile, if there were good reasons why we broke up, I would not be so mad at my friend, but if I knew the man to be a man of crooked ways, I would warn my friend not to go ahead. Maybe he’s trying to spoil the lives of two friends, like the stories of some men I have heard. I’ll prevent that from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment