Sunday, June 2, 2013

IS IT THIS BAD? ARE THEY THIS DESPERATE? : We'll Kill You For Supporting Amaechi; House of Reps Member Gets Death Threat


Those bent on silencing Governor Rotimi Amaechi, at all cost, are getting desperate. A ranking member of the House of Representatives, Hon Davies Sokonte, has raised the alarm over an alleged plot against his life and those of his family members for showing support for Governor Amaechi.

"I and members of my near and extended family have come under tremendous attacks due to my principled stance concerning the issues of PDP in Rivers State and my support for Governor Rotimi Amaechi on his just and right struggle..."
Hon Sokonte, who is representing Degema/Bonny Federal Constituency of River State at the lower house, also said he had received several threats from people who want him to dump Amaechi.

But he vowed to maintain his stance, insisting that Amaechi is only being persecuted for demanding for the right of Rivers State from the Federal Government.
Below is his statement on the development:
“These attacks have been in various forms like, anonymous phone calls, death threats, subtle coercing by others who request that I mellow down a bit on my position due to these threats on my life and those of my immediate family, near and far relations.

“Please note that I am making this statement to all concerned that there is nothing anybody can do against the truth and as it is said, tyranny thrives when men of good conscience keep silent. Also, note that cowards die many times before their death and it is only the wicked and cowardly that will want to kill and maim to achieve their goals.

“Finally, let it be known to all that for me, anybody who intends to kill me has just declared his or her own obituary. I have never shed anybody’s blood and nobody can shed my blood nor that of any member of my family. We are covered with the Blood of Jesus.

“Also know that a man dies but once and no man dies before his God appointed time. And to those who plan and intend to kill, will you not die one day? Are you God?”

Stressing that the attacks against Amaechi is just a selfish act by the powers that be, he said:
“As for me, I have done so much for the Ijaw nation and the President and many of my traducers cannot controvert it. 
“I have intervened in my little way to find solution to the impasse. I have met with Mr. President one-on-one. Indeed, I shall publish my last letter to him. So, people should stop their misguided attacks."

No comments:

Post a Comment