Sunday, May 10, 2015

JISOS!!! IN ASO VILLA? : I was ready to die for Nigeria, says Jonathan ... TheNation

Thanksgiving & Farewell service in honour of President Jonathan & First Lady. Church of the Advent, Abuja, May 10
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday said he was ready to pay the supreme price for Nigeria with all the benefits he has derived from the country right from his school days.
Apart from getting scholarships in school, he said he became a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president by the grace of God.
Jonathan, who noted that he was not more hardworking than other Nigerians, said that security personnel who have not gotten 0.5 percent of the benefits he derived from office, have been paying the supreme price for the country.
He spoke during the Thanksgiving and Farewell service in his honour at the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Cathedral Church of the Advent, Life-camp, Gwarimpa, Abuja.
He said: “When I look at the whole picture of my life up to when I became the president of this country. And I say that if soldiers and police officers that have not received 0. 5 percent of the benefits that I have received from the state can lay their lives for this country, I should do anything in the interest of Nigeria including paying the supreme price.”
“As long as live, I will continue to do my best for the state because the state has helped me as a person. I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then president, first was to complete the tenure of the late president and later serve as president from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man.” he said
Stressing that there are reasons for eveything, he said that some decisions taken by him and the government have their costs.
He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.”
“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited. Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment