Wednesday, March 27, 2013

AGONY OF A WIDOW : My husband’s friend demanded sex to help me – Nollywood Actress Iya Rainbow

Iya Rainbow The name Madam Idowu Phillips may not ring a bell but her stage name, Iya Rainbow, is as popular as naira and kobo in the Yoruba movie genre.
The 70-year-old Ijebu-Ode, Ogun state born veteran actress, in a recent interview expressed her pain as a widow during the early stages of her marriage when she lost her husband.
Phillips said: “When I lost my husband in 1984, I thought the world would come to an end.
“It was so tough for me to cope as a woman with my children to cater for.
“I had to meet one of my late husband’s best friends to seek for financial assistance.
“However, to my greatest surprise, he said I would have to sleep with him before he could render any financial help.
“This was a man who we called daddy and a close ally of my late husband.”
Phillips, however, concluded that marriage is not on her card now.
She said: “At my age, what am I still looking for in marriage?”

No comments:

Post a Comment