Saturday, January 24, 2015

HELL HATH NO FURY ... A SPURNED WOMAN GOES FOR THE LIFE OF HER LOVER : Married Man Killed By His Lover In Port Harcourt ... NaiJ

A 28-year-old woman Loretta Odikagbo has been accused of killing a rig worker named Bankole Charles, who she met on a social media platform, Badoo, in 2013.
Charles, an employee of Halliburton Nigeria Limited, had no idea that the year-long relationship he started with Odikagbo would end his life.
According to the Nation report, trouble started when Odikagbo, an Ordinary National Diploma holder in marketing from the River State Polytechnic, discovered that Charles was already married with children.
When she confronted him, he confirmed it and promised to compensate her with a car, but he failed to keep his promise, which eventually led to his death in September 2014.
The suspects, Loretta and Ime
The suspects, Odikagbo (right) and Moses
On that fateful day, she stormed his Woji, Port Harcourt, residence together with some accomplices.
Recounting what happened during an interview at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) last week, Odikagbo denied knowing how he had died, saying she was not there when it happened.
She said: “I met Bankole on the internet. I initially did not know that Bankole was married; overtime I discovered. He actually promised to settle things with me. He talked about buying a car.  When I hinted this to my in-law (Ime), he said he had a way to help me get what I wanted from him and I conceded to the idea.
“On the agreed day, I moved into Bankole’s house and waited for them there. He came with another of his friend. I opened the door for them. They came in. His junior started tying Bankole up. Ime was holding a torch which they came with because this happened in the night and there was no electricity supply and it was raining heavily.
“At a point, I decided to go to the ATM with his (Bankole’s) card to withdraw some money from his bank account. One of the two men decided to go with me. So, my in-law (Ime) was left behind with Bankole who was still alive when we left.
“I conspired with my friend and took my in-law to his house to harass him so I could get some money from him, which led to his death; but I was not there when he died, I was at the ATM. There is a third person that can tell the story of how he died but unfortunately, he has not been arrested. So, he is not here now. This story can’t be complete if the third person is not arrested.”
Expressing remorse over the incident, she said: “I feel so terrible and primitive. I am guilty of the crime. Bankole was my first internet boyfriend; I am not used to meeting people on the internet or Facebook. I blame my action on hanging out with wrong friends.”
Odikagbo’s evil act was uncovered when a team of four policemen, led by Inspector Joseph Okpamen of the homicide department of the SCID, arrested the gang and forced them to break their silence over the killing.
Odikagbo was traced to the residence of her other boyfriend with whom she was staying at Rumukpokwu, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area.
One of her alleged accomplices, 30-year-old Ime Francis Moses (Jr), a university dropout and native of Eket in Akwa Ibom state, accused Odikagbo of being the killer.
After a while, she came back to me at the man’s house. I asked her to come let us go, she said, ‘no’, that the man knows her very well, that if we should leave him at this junction, he will definitely come after her, and that when he gets her, she will mention my name. She asked if I will like to be arrested, I said ‘no’.
“She now went to the man’s kitchen and brought polythene bag which she wore on the man’s head and sat on it. As the man was struggling, I held his head until the man was motionless,” he explained.
Asked how much he was paid for the job, Moses said: “It was not a job, but an assistance I rendered to Loretta. I tried to persuade her to leave the man at the point we had tortured him, but she insisted on going down with me if the man comes after her. She gave me N28, 000 only. I feel very guilty for the action.”
Odikagbo and Moses are currently in police custody while the third accomplice, a tout, is still at large, though the police have vowed to arrest him at all costs.
The police public relations officer, Deputy Superintendent Ahmad Mohammad, warned members of the public to be careful with friends they make through social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment