Monday, January 12, 2015

THIS THING HAS TURNED OUR MAN INTO SOMETHING ELSE O : Jonathan: I will defeat corruption in four years, using modern technologies ... TheCableNG

PIC.7.PDP RALLY IN IBADAN
President Goodluck Jonathan says the next Nigeria president in 2019 would not be “harassed” for corruption because he would have defeated it, using “modern technologies”. Speaking at the presidential/governorship campaign rally of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ibadan (pictured), Jonathan said his method of solving the problem of corruption was not about the number of people tried and jail, even though there are so many. “In terms of the number of people I have tried and jailed, maybe I would give you the statistics in my subsequent outings,” he said. “We have tried more Nigerians. More Nigerians have been jailed within this period after passing through due process. And I used to tell people, even if I try 10 million Nigerians and Jail 5 million Nigerians for corruption, that does not solve the corruption problem. “So for you solve corruption problems, you must use modern technologies to prevent people from stealing and that is what we are working on. “The oil industry is a good area; we are working very hard. I just don’t want to say certain things, because some of these people have been given so much money, they would do everything to stop us. “But I promise you that if you vote me and I come back to serve this country for the next four years, the day I would leave here, the next person that would come as the president of this country, people would not talk about corruption, because we are working on technologies and we would use technologies to block all these areas. “Today we are talking about IT; we are no longer in the analog generation, so we must deploy IT to solve our human problems and I am promising that in the next four years, the next president, nobody would harass that president for not fighting corruption because I will solve the problem of corruption in this country.” Speaking on his achievements, Jonathan said that under the Millennium Developmental Goals (MDGs),his administration had done so many projects that he could not enumerate them all. “Under the TETFUND, tertiary education fund, we have spent over N10 billion in intervening in tertiary institution in Oyo state alone. “You will agree with me that the train line, from Ibadan to Lagos, to Kano, has been completed and people are travelling from Ibadan to Kano. “One thing that I must say here is that we must encourage women because, I am in the southwest, an area that has produced so many great women. I’m sure that more than 50 per cent of the women professors in this country come from the Southwest. So when I come to the southwest, I must re-emphasise, even though we know, we’ve been told by some political parties that they may not be disposed to encouraging women so much. “They say they are going to ban the office of the first lady, they’re going to ban office of the governor’s wife, they’re going to ban the office of the local government chairman’s wife, they are going to ban the defence officers wives association, they are going to ban the army officers wives association, they’re going to ban the officers’ wives association… “But me, having served as a deputy governor, governor, vice president and now as a president, I can tell you that these offices are helping to mobilise our women and these offices are encouraged to have NGOs, the monies they spend are not funded from government’s budget. The monies they spent are not coming from government budgets, they run NGOs, Nigeria has a lot of Philanthropists that want to spend money but don’t know the channels to use because they are very busy, so they use these some of these channels to empower our women. “You cannot send your daughters, train them in Cambridge, Oxford and others, and sentence them to go and be baby factories and yam pounders. For Nigerian women, I don’t believe that you were created by God just to pound yam for me; you cannot just be baby factories, manufacturing children and doing nothing. “My conviction is that, as a biologist, I know that the brain, God gave men and women equally. Physically, men may be stronger but in terms of the cranial capacity to solve problems, including cognitive ability and psycho-motor skills, there’s nowhere that it says that men are more endowed. I told Nigerian women that their vote in 2015 is a vote to liberate them or to imprison them into the kitchen.” Jonathan also promised to create jobs, saying: “About 2 million Nigerians enter the labour market every year, so we would be creating 2 million jobs every year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment