Tuesday, January 29, 2013

TOP OFFICIAL OF CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA ALLEGES THREAT TO HIS LIFE ... Yeye de smell.

The National Director, Research, Planning and Strategy of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Mr Sunday Oibe yesterday alleged that his life is under threat.
Oibe who also doubles as the Public Relations officer of Northern CAN, told journalists that he had been inundated with calls threatening his life should he not drop  his support for the President of CAN, Pastor Ayo Oristejiafor.
According to Oibe: “I receive a phone call last Friday with a private number. It was around 5:30 pm. The person asked if I was Oibe, and I affirmed. He said that he wanted to warn me to keep my mouth shut or something terrible would happen to me. I asked who he was and why he had to hide his number, but he cut the call.”
“Then last Saturday, around 7am. A female voice called with a private number and said she was warning me to keep quiet. That they were tracking me and should I not learn to shut my mouth, I would have no one to blame. When I wanted to get to understand what the matter was, she hung-up on me.
“It was after I heard the mention of Pastor Ayo mentioned that I had a good guess of where the callers may be coming from.
“I want to say here that if they are not cowards the should show their faces. I am not afraid of them or of death. After all, our Lord Jesus Christ died at the age of 33. I am well over 40. If I die insisting that some people are using the mass killings of Christians in Northern Nigeria to banter for favours and international recognition as ‘peace makers’ instead of calling the situation by its true name, and asking Government to be pro-active while Christian defend themselves, I have no apology what so ever. Let them become the foot mats of terrorists and their masters.
Not me under the Living God I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment