Monday, January 7, 2013

(VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED) SUSPECTED BOKO HARAM GUNMEN SLAUGHTER FEMALE POLICE OFFICER IN MAIDUGURI.

RESIDENTS of Jiddari Polo area of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital woke up to a gory scene on Monday, following the slaughtering of a female police officer by suspected members of the Boko Haram sect.

According to  one Ishaku, a resident of the area who spoke to Nigerian Tribune by  phone, “Somebody called this morning and said that my late brother’s wife was slaughtered, but I don’t think the murdered female police officer was my brother’s wife even though I could not speak with her by phone since yesterday. I know that she left the area and relocated to Metro police barracks with her children; I am also aware that there are three female police officers in that area. I hope I got my late brother’s wife on phone and I will let you know as I am currently out of the state since December 16, 2012 because of these killings.”

Also another resident, Usman Sani told Nigerian Tribune that, people in the are area currently relocating because of the situation.

He said, “it was shocking, that these people can attack a woman. I think the situation in Maiduguri is not getting any better since there is no day without one sad news or the other. I pray that government would stop playing politics with this insecurity situation and bring the situation to an end.”

Effort to get police confirmation did not yield result as the mobile lines of both the Borno State Commissioner of Police, Yuguda Abdullahi and the state Police Public Relations Officer, Gideon Jibril were not going through as of the time of filing this report.

In another development, the Joint Task Force on  Operation Restore Order in Borno has said that information at their disposal revealed that at about 5:50 a.m. on Friday, 4 January, 2013, a JTF location was attacked by Boko Haram terrorists at Gwange in Maiduguri metropolis.

A statement from the office of the spokesman for  the JTF, Lieutenant-Colonel Sagir Musa, said during an exchange of fire, a taxi was caught in the cross fire; unfortunately a stray bullet hit one of the passengers who was reported to be a student of University of Maiduguri.

The statement further said that, the injured student was taken to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital where he is receiving medical attention and responding to treatment.

 Boko Haram Slaughter Female Police Officer In Maiduguri

No comments:

Post a Comment