Monday, March 11, 2013

FRANK TALK? : Go Ahead and Have Séx If He's Your Right Man –Nollywood Actress

If the name Lillian Esoro doesn’t ring bell, then the soap character “Nurse Abigail” in the family comedy soap series “Clinic Matters” is sure to have found her way into your household through her mischiefs and daring exploits in the programme.

The Imo State-born Nollywood actress is no mischief maker even though she is a pragmatic and down-to-earth person with the look of a ‘damsel in distress’. In this chat with Showtime, she talks about relationships and more. Below is a brief excerpt:

How did you get into acting?
I never wanted to be an actress. It never occurred to me but let me say I was forced into it. My friend, Bovi, the comedian, persuaded me into it way back in 2005 when he wanted to do his television sitcom titled “Extended Family”. He invited me to be part of it but I told him acting was not my thing but he insisted that I should give it a shot, that he knows I have it in me. With much persuasion, I decided to give it a shot and I realised I wasn’t bad at it.

Why is it that it is only soap operas you have ever done?
I really don’t have a particular reason for sticking strictly to soaps. Like I said earlier, acting wasn’t really something I wanted to do, so I just want to take one step at a time. When I really have my breakthrough doing soaps, with my feet firmly on the ground then I can start thinking of getting into movies. Trust me, there’s really a tough competition out there. You really want to get your game going on before you take the big steps. It’s gradually. But I shot some films last year. They will hit the market soon. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Can you share some of them with us?
I did “Strive”, in which I played along Bimbo Manuel, Godwin Opara, Yemi Blaq and others. It’s a very nice movie to look out for. Then there is “The Potter” and “The Next Door Neighbour”. One of them “Strive” should be premiered on the 7th of March. Most of them should be out this year

Have you ever fallen in love before?
Yes I have.

And still in love?
(laughing) let’s just say I have fallen in love before. Eh, everyone has fallen in love before. Love is a beautiful thing. When I was in love it was like Heaven and I wished the feeling never went away. It was good while it lasted. It’s an experience everyone should have.

So, your heart was broken?
Oh, broken, scattered, shattered, ironed and everything. It was actually my broken heart that led me to success. After I fell out of love I was so heartbroken that I could not get my mind off it. So, to get my mind off it, I decided to do something else and that led me into forming my own company to start event management business but I don’t want to talk about it.

What’s your idea of séx generally and of premarital séx?
Well, it doesn’t matter what my views are on the subject, those who want to do it would still do it. As for me, if you feel it is the right time to do it go ahead. It’s a free world. You don’t want to live your life thinking of what the next person thinks of you.

Séx is very good. It calms your nerves. If you feel the time is right for you, go ahead, just make sure it is with the right person.

Would you marry a married man like some of your colleagues are doing right now?
Like I said, love is a beautiful thing. It leads you into unexpected places so I am not going to judge people on their choices. Who knows, I might end up falling in love with a married man tomorrow, so, I don’t want to judge anybody.

So, would you do a séx scene in a movie?
See, maybe this is one of the reason I love soap operas because this will hardly arise but then, you can’t dictate to the producer. But personally I don’t think I would want to do a séx scene. Why? Because my parents watch my movies.

Have you dated within the industry before?
No

Why not, there are so many good looking guys there?
No. I just wouldn’t date any of my colleagues. I hate mixing business with pleasure. It’s just me, I am a very principled person.

No comments:

Post a Comment