Tuesday, April 22, 2014

WHATS THE MATTER WITH MEN TODAY? : Teacher rapes 12-year-old, impregnates her, police say ... PremiumTimes


The teacher threatened to deal with the girl if she told anyone he raped her.
The police in Plateau have arrested one a teacher, Chukudi Boniface, for allegedly raping and impregnating his 12-year-old student.
The police have also arrested Mr. Boniface, a teacher with a private primary school, “Bright Kids Academy,” in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of the state for allegedly raping the Primary 3 pupil.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Felicia Anselm, confirmed the arrest to journalists in Jos, on Tuesday. She said the teacher has been arrested and kept in police custody for further interrogations.
“The man in question has been arrested and investigation is ongoing. He will be charged to court, because the girl is already four months pregnant now. I want to assure the public that justice will be the outcome of the investigation”.
The victim was an orphan, so the teacher took advantage of that and warned her not to mention the act to anyone, the police spokesperson said.
Ms. Anslem also said the state Commissioner of Police, Chris Olakpe, has ordered proper investigations into the matter, saying that the rape of minors in the state was becoming unwarranted.
The teacher allegedly made love to the pupil during an extramural lesson approved by the school authority.
According to police officer investigating the case, “after giving the rest of pupils class work, (the teacher) separately invited the victim to wait for him in the other classroom with her book where he committed the crime.”
According to the victim who spoke fearfully while speaking to the press, “my teacher used to call me to come close and hold my hands. And then he will force me down and remove my cloths and have sex with me. I cried but nobody would come to help. After he finished, he warned me not to tell anybody and said if I do, he will beat me”.
The victim’s family said the girl did not say anything to them because of the threats by the teacher. They said she only spoke after they noticed she was pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment