Monday, January 21, 2013

'FOR THE MAMA KE' THREATENS LIFE OF POPULAR GOSPEL MUSICIAN FUNMI ARAGBAIYE OVER LAND DISPUTE IN IBADAN

Gospel musician, Evangelist Funmi Aragbaye, has accused an Ibadan-based businesswoman, Mrs. Adetohun Oladeji, popularly called For the Mama Ke, of threatening her life over a land dispute.
Aragbaye, who spoke to our correspondent on Friday, claimed that Oladeji with one of her daughters, Bunmi, had been threatening her life for demanding N6.5m being the value of land that she bought from the 83-year-old-businesswoman.
The musician noted that in an attempt to recover her money, the octogenarian and her daughter had threatened and called her names.
Aragbaye said, “The woman issued me a dud First Bank cheque of N6.5m dated October 5, 2011. I called the attention of the Commissioner of Police, Oyo State to the fact that my life is being threatened by the woman and her children in a letter dated January 17.”
But Oladeji, who admitted that she took N6m from the musician for sale of three acres of land at Ologuneru in Ibadan in 2010, said she did not threaten her.
She said, “I did not and can never threaten the life of anybody. At 83, and as a wealthy Christian, all I am praying for is peace with my God.
“I was duped land worth N120m by the ‘omo onile’ (land speculators). Even at that, my son, Akinyele, who is a lawyer, agreed to pay those affected 60 per cent of their money but Aragbaye refused to come for the peace meeting as other buyers did.”

Funmi-Aragbaye

No comments:

Post a Comment