Thursday, January 17, 2013

TRUE CONFESSION .. STILL SINGLE AT 43, AM I UNDER A SPELL? ,,,

I feel ashamed and embarrassed sending you this article, though it’s been long I read one of the most sought after columns on your website – True Confession.
I don’t know if the page is dead but please I would be happy if you can help me publish this because now, I’m as confused as a lost hunter.
I know some people would like to nail me after reading just the headline but I feel it is getting out of hand. I clocked 42 last July and to be candid I’m not into any serious relationship.
I’m from South-South Nigeria, the first daughter out of 7 children. I hope you wont feel offended as I would not further disclose my identity for obvious reason.
Just last year, our last born who works with a popular telecommunication company got married to her longtime boyfriend, leaving only me hugging ‘tubes and tyres.’
I’ve gone for prayers in several churches; they promised me that my husband would appear in no distant time.
In fact, the last prayer house I went in a popular church, the man of God told me that ‘if he be a man of God, before the year runs out, my dream man would appear.’
Another one told me I was the architect of my predicament, saying that I’ve missed the opportunity.
When I was in my mid 20s, I had many ‘toasters’ but they were never my dream men.
I used to think my kind of guy was the tall, dark and handsome one. Preferably banker, but now they are not forthcoming.
I was in a relationship with an ex footballer but I dumped him when I could no longer cope with his kind of person.
Now, I’m even ashamed of living in the same house with my parents at my age.
Please readers, tell me, am I under a spell or my husband is still somewhere?
If you would like to respond to this private problem, please post comments below. When leaving a message on this page, be sensitive to the fact that you are responding to a real person in the grip of real-life dilemma, who wrote to DailyPost Readers asking for help, and may as well view your comments. Please consider how the tone of your message could be perceived by someone trapped in this kind of impasse.
 
sad-black-woman-33

No comments:

Post a Comment