Saturday, January 25, 2014

BREAKING NEWS : 2015: Nigerian youth may boycott presidential election because of Valentine’s Day... DailyPost (NA WA O)

DailyPost has observed that INEC’s resolve to fix the 2015 presidential election on Valentines day will have grievous effect on the election as youth may boycott the exercise.
Following the release of the election timetable by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Friday night, Nigeria’s electorates will hit the poll on February 14, St. Valentine’s Day to elect their president.
According to findings by our reporter, many younger Nigerians may no take part in the exercise because of the celebration, which only happens once in a year.
Also, our correspondent gathered that INEC’s decision to fix February 14 for the presidential pool was influenced by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
A reliable insider who craved anonymity disclosed that the February 14 date would serve as an advantage for the ruling party who has been under heavy criticisms by Nigerian youth.
According to a competent source, “Jonathan’s greatest oppositions are the youth and with the February 14 date, many of them would not participate in the election. This is because most of them would take their lovers out.”
Speaking further, the source added that, “You whenever the youth are against you, there’s nothing else you can do than to give up. I think with this development, many of them will lose interest in the election.
DailyPost spoke with some Nigerian youth on their take on the election timetable and many of them flayed INEC for fixing ‘Lovers Day’ for the election.
According to one Steve Ekoi, “I have never voted in my entire life and I don’t think any Nigerian politicians will smell my vote. I am even happy with the date because I will be hanging out with my lover.”
For Emeka Samuel, “So all de date wey dey son finish na only February 14 remain. I think INEC has a hidden agenda. I don’t think will be part of the election. I am a banker and that day I would use it to spoil my girl.”
Another Segun Ajayi said, “when I saw the date online I knew INEC and co were up to something. It shows that they don’t want us (he youth) to take part in th election. Na dem sabi, after all I no dey vote before.” He averred.

No comments:

Post a Comment