Saturday, January 25, 2014

IT'S BLOOD FOR BLOOD IN RIVERS ... WHAT WILL SSS DO ABOUT THIS? : If A Man Is Chasing You With AK 47,Carry A Machine Gun..Amaechi Tells Ogonis ... ThisDayNews


Following the shooting incident that prevented a pro-APC rally at Bori in Khana local council of Rivers State last Sunday, the Rivers State Governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has advised the Ogoni to resist any attempt to invade the area again by thugs under any guise.
 This is even as the 37 defecting members of the House of Representatives have vowed not to return to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. The governor and members of the lower chambers of the National Assembly spoke at the rescheduled pro-Amaechi rally organised by the Non-Governmental Agency, Save Rivers Movement, yesterday at Bori, the headquarters of Ogoni in the state.
 Amaechi told his Ogoni supporters that while he was not a violent man and did not believe in relying on its use to settle scores, he was not favourably disposed to people stepping on others through the use of force.
“I came to Bori to prove to you that you don’t have to run away from violence. If a man is chasing you with AK 47, you should carry a machine gun, and the man will call for peace. In the Bible, the book of Isaiah said you should allow one to offend you 70 times seven times, but I told my priest that before it gets to twenty times, you are already dead,” the governor said.
 Amaechi, speaking against the backdrop of the invasion by some political thugs who invaded the area a week ago, admonished the people of the area to meet force with force in order to prevent a repeat of the incident in which two youths were shot.
 His words: “I want to apologise to you on behalf of Mbu and those who came to shoot here last Sunday. From here, I’ll go to the hospital to see one of the people they shot. Mbu said nobody was shot. I’m going there to see the person myself. As the governor of Rivers State, I’m governor for every local government area; nobody can stop me from coming to Khana, not those children that issued press statements threatening that they will shoot me. I said, let me come and be shot. This morning, several persons called me to say, don’t go and I said okay, give me reasons why I shouldn’t go. I should send over two to three thousand persons to Bori for them to be shot, and I won’t be there to be shot? Will that be fair? If they are going to shoot you, they should shoot me first.”
Governor Amaechi also reminisced on past events in the state: “I want to start this speech by thanking the Inspector General of Police. I had to call him and I told the IG that I was going to Khana. I thank him for sending security here. I had assured him that Rivers people are peace-loving. But let me start by tracing the history of this government. In 2007, this territory belonged to one man called Solomon. I heard he was the person that came to shoot here. Nobody could gather here then, even the police couldn’t even gather here. They were being shot at. I brought the police, seven vehicles and gave them; they were afraid. I gave them scholarships and said if any of you die in the course of this struggle, I will sponsor your family.
 I will employ your wives. I bought nearly all the patrol vehicles, over 200 vehicles. I paid allowances to the police. “The same people we chased away with the military are back to our state, fuelled by a man called Mbu and his cohorts in Abuja. They don’t mind that your lives are important. They want to sacrifice your lives just to earn the office of the Presidency and that of governorship.
 Before I came, you lost your voice, none of you could speak, none of you could call Solomon a criminal because you were scared, but we came and we chased him away; we shall still chase him away.” Amaechi also took a swipe at Mbu, who recently said his performance at his former duty post in Oyo State was applauded by the people of the state and was awarded a chieftaincy title in recognition of this meritorious service in the South-West state. “One thing about power is that it is very transient; those who are using it now don’t have a good sense of history. If they did, they should check those who abused power in the past, where they are now.”
They failed; they don’t remember that. Let’s say that despite all we have done for the police, we thank the Inspector General of Police. Mbu has said that he did very well in Oyo; I have spoken with the governor of Oyo State. He said Mbu didn’t do well. Whatever he is doing here, he has done in a smaller scale there. Why he’s doing it, in larger scale here is because there are very important people in Abuja that are fuelling him. If he says it’s a lie, let him call the governor. I spoke with the governor; he is making me say this in public. But, leave out Mbu, let us talk about the matters I came here for. I came to Bori council on the issue of UNEP. We said be calm and quiet. Let United Nations come and do their investigations and go home.
 I will support you from the beginning to the end. United Nations finished all they needed to do and came back and said spend at least $1 billion in the clean up of Ogoni and the development of Ogoni people. Have you seen the $1 billion? They want you to vote for them. It will be a foolish man that will vote for a person who denies you your rights.”
Politicians from the area who have served in various offices and at different times were not spared by Amaechi in his speech.
“Your children are back again to deceive you. You have children who have served as senators, commissioners and in various capacities. One of your former senators said he’s very close to the President; ask him, what he has brought to Ogoni people,” he urged

No comments:

Post a Comment